From 25 to 27 April 2018 the European Commission organizes the TEN-T days 2018. The TEN-T days take place in Ljubljana to discuss how the EU can contribute to smart, sustainable and safe mobility, relying on the trans-European transport network and investments in transport connectivity.
At 9:00 on 25 April 2018 a panel will discuss the topic “Road Safety 1 – safe and secure parkings”:
Safe and secure parking places for trucks are needed to ensure socially fair conditions for professional drivers when taking rests. They are also needed to tackle growing issues related to cargo crime and unintended transport of illegal immigrants. However, safe and secure parking places remain too scarce and the services provided by existing facilities are often insufficient and uncoordinated. To improve this situation, the session on safe and secure parking’s will involve representatives of all relevant actors (e.g. drivers, hauliers, shippers, insurers, parking operators and infrastructure providers) to identify the major issues and to discuss the path forward. In addition, the session on safe and secure parking’s will discuss how CEF funding best could contribute to the development of safe and secure parking’s.
- Elisabeth Werner, Director Land, Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport, European Commission / Matthew Baldwin, Deputy Director-General, Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport, European Commission
- Benny Smets, Managing Director, Ninatrans and President, Febetra
- Madi Sharma, Rapporteur Women in Transport, European Economic and Social Committee
- Sylvie Gauthier, Sales Leader, Honeywell
- Carlo Giannini, Risk & Insurance Manager, SONY
- Ap Boom, Senior Manager Supply Chain and Transportation Security, AMAZON
- Stuart Madden, COO, C4T Parking Calais
- Klaus Schierhackl, CEO, ASFINAG
- Hakan Nyström, Senior Vice President at AIG and member of International Union of Marine Insurance
- Frederic Maas, Delegate of the Board, European Secure Parking Organisation